(Pre-Loved) 1970s Slingerland Gene Krupa Sound King 14" x 5" Snare Drum
When you think of vintage metal drums you can't help but think of the brand Slingerland, it's fair to say that Slingerland paved the way for many of the leading drum manufacturers of today with their inventive and classic metal snare designs and you'll be pleased to hear we have one of the originals here at Drum Shop for one lucky drummer to snap up. The (Pre-Loved) Slingerland 14" x 5" Gene Krupa Sound King Chrome over Brass Snare Drum was designed in collaboration with the influence of the legendary Gene Krupa, hence the name! When it comes to articulation this snare drum has no problem speaking it's mind as well as sizzling in all the right places. It has the ability to produce a nice cracking rim-shot as well as warm back beats and brilliant volume potential. This snare drum has an eight lug design as well as internal dampener and Slingerland zoomatic strainer.
Made in Niles, Illinois USA, the Slingerland Gene Krupa Sound King COB Snare Drum has the added advantage of being incredibly versatile and sounds great across many musical styles and situations. One thing's for sure, drums like this don't hang around forever, not only is this a vintage snare drum and not only is this a fantastic example of what Slingerland drums are well known and loved for, it sounds beyond beautiful too!
- Slingerland Gene Krupa Sound King Snare Drum
- Chrome over Brass Drum Shell
- Remo WeatherKing Emperor Batter Drum Head
- Remo WeatherKing Ambassador Snare Drum Head
- 8 Lugs
- Internal Dampener
- Zoomatic Strainer
- Estimated Date of Manufacture 1970s
- Chrome Hardware
- Slingerland Drum Badge
- Black and Silver Oval Badge
- Serial No. 211728
- Made in Niles, Illinois USA
- Shows obvious signs of use, including stick mark signs on the drum heads. There are small scuffs and scratches on the chrome finish, there is also evidence of pitting in certain areas on the chrome edging.