Mapex BP Design Lab Snare Drum - Equinox
The Mapex Black Panther Design Lab Equinox 14" x 5" Snare Drum has been constructed using 6mm (6-ply) North American Maple shell and is incredibly all purpose, as all maple shells are. Reinforcement rings and single flanged hoops give off that retro vibe whilst still harnessing the modern technology and style of the 21st century! Articulate and capable of producing a decent range of warm lows and an even amount of mids-highs, this snare may be crafted using all purpose maple, but it's North American maple and that makes all the difference. As standard, Design Lab snare drums feature Puresound 16 strand wires, which are evenly spaced to create an even balance response and reaction. A fabulous snare drum to play, to look at and to listen to, you know what they say about the equinox they may be rare but they're well worth the wait.
- BP Design Lab Series
- 6mm North American Maple shell (6-Ply)
- 45° SONIClear bearing edges
- 4-Ply Maple Rings
- Puresound (1416) 16-Strand Stainless Steel Snares
- Offset BP Crown lugs (Chrome)
- Single-Flanged Hoops w/Claws (Chrome)
- Dual venting for feel and drier tone
- BP Cylinder throw-offs and butt side adjustment
- 2.7mm (deep) with 5.5” Snare bed graduation for a dry, articulate & controlled snare tone.
- Satin Lacquer finish
- Equinox finish
- 14” x 5”